FULL TIME - ENGINEERING
Posted: 1 week ago
The Design Engineer invents, designs, provides layout design details, documents, builds prototype parts and new products, and tests new solutions for off-road equipment using CAD tools. This role supports product designs working with production, sales, purchasing, service, troubleshooting and field updates. This position is responsible for analyzing and providing realistic recommendations on structural components to ensure that design meets the design goals and customer needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and detail purchased items, machining, weld and assembly prints, using SolidWorks CAD software, to support manufacturability, cost effectiveness and safety.
- Supports the Project Engineer with new product design and design changes.
- Create and run Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on new or existing designs.
- Support and assist Engineering Technicians with all aspects of building and testing prototypes.
- Develop bill of materials.
- Schedule, execute and oversee testing of product design.
- Analyze production issues and create solutions.
- Develop, maintain and review parts books and operator manuals of manufactured product.
- Communicates with suppliers as need to accomplish project goals.
- Able to help and train other users on Solid Works, AutoCAD and promote best practices.
- Travel 25% of the time.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a major in Mechanical, Industrial, Agriculture or Electrical Engineering and 0-5 years related experience or a high school diploma/GED and 5-10 years related experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be proficient in material strength calculation skills, proficiency in operating CAD software, ACAD and Solid Works. and in operating Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
- Ability to identify the root cause of failed or defective parts and recommend and implement product design solutions.
- Ability to create robust design, identify changes early in the design process and to recognize design commonality, creating cost efficient product designs.
- Strong knowledge in the FEA area and all associated processes, hydraulics, electronics, statistics and strength of materials.
- Ability to understand material strengths, fatigue strength, and manufacturability to ensure that the right configuration and materials are developed.
- Ability to operate fork lift, simple mechanics tools and wrenches, assembly hand tools, drill press, lathe, band saw and assembly power tools.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.